Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break

So who in the heck invented Spring Break?

Teachers? Kids?

Certainly not Moms.

Is it Easter Vacation?  Maybe the Easter Bunny invented it, I doubt he had any kids if he did.  Must have been a bachelor bunny.

About two days into this wonderful break every year I ask myself "is this ever going to end"?

The candy is long gone and I have eaten enough egg salad sandwiches to last me for the rest of the year.

The weather is not good enough to throw the kids outside and there are not enough movies in the whole Erie County library system to keep them out of trouble.

Some people go on trips, I opted out of that after our famous Virginia trip where the kids wore their winter boots, forgot their sneakers, and it was all my fault.

Monday they will be back in school.

I hope I make it that long.

Annie

No comments: