Wednesday, March 17, 2010

i have never followed directions very well

OK, so I overhear my kids talking this morning while they are getting ready for school.

"Hey Loretta, remember when Mom put those cool shamrocks on my face?"

"Yeah, she got in alot of trouble for that".

I was getting their green stuff ready for St. Patrick's day and they were chatting with each other.  I am not Irish, but always dress them in green.  I threw together a 5 minute skirt out of a piece of felt i got last year at a garage sale and a piece of elastic for Izzy.  The other two are old enough they put their outfits together by themselves.

A few years ago Susie used to go to Headstart.  It is a pre-k program.  It's really a great program. The only thing is they don't celebrate holidays.  The first day of orientation they muttered something about it but as usual I was not listening.

When St. Patrick's day rolled around I had some cool sparkly shamrocks I grabbed from the dollar store.  I throw them in cards so when you open up the card all this green crap falls out on you.  I took a handful of them and glued them to Susie's face with a gluestick. Looked great.  

Or so I thought.


I sent her to school.


About a half an hour later I got a phone call from the school.


"Anne, you are going to have to pick up Susie, she has Shamrocks on her face and this is against the policy."


silence


"You have got to be kidding me". Was my reply.


"No, Anne.


"For God's sake, wash the crap off with a washcloth, I will never try to have fun in Headstart again!"


I hung up.


She came home and was a bit disappointed.  I felt like buying a thousand dollars worth of green shamrocks and dumping them in the Headstart parking lot.  Because I am broke, I couldn't do that.


Whatever.


Erin Go Braugh


Top of the Morning to you and all that crap


Talk later,
Annie

1 comment:

Faithful said...

these things I warmly wish you to you-
someone to love
some work to do
a bit 0'sun
a bit O'cheer
And a Guardian Angel always near

erin go bragh!