Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Annie at the drive thru

OK, on the way home from the dentist today I decided to stop at McDonald's.  We never stop there. 

Never.

I thought it would be something special for the kids.

I knew if I ordered stuff off the dollar menu we could afford it.

I pulled up the the drive thru, picked out what we wanted and proceeded to order.

No one answered.

I said it again.

Nothing.

Loretta started to say something and I told her to be quiet, I was trying to order our food.

She just looked at me.

Still no response from the gal taking the order.

"Mom, you are talking to the garbage can".

"Be quiet, I am trying to order your burger".

No response.

"Mom, listen to me, that thing is the garbage can, not the intercom."

I gave her that "what in the hell are you talking about" look.

"Mom, I am telling you, it says "pull up and order", that thing is the garbage can.

I sat there for another second.

Darn, she was right.

Who in the hell would put the garbage can there?

I pulled up and ordered.

The girl at the register just laughed.

"Happens all the time Mam, don't worry".

Next dentist appointment I will pack a lunch for everyone.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: