Saturday, November 6, 2010

My broken watch

OK, a few months ago I bought the greatest watch in the world.

 I swear I am legally blind so I need one with a big face.

I found one.  It's just about as big as a clock you hang on the wall.

I love it.

You can actually see the time.  It winds up just like my Grandfather's watch did.

It broke.

The face fell off.

Crap.

I ran to the Dollar Store and grabbed one of those plastic digital ones that I hate.

It looks like something you would get out of a box of Captain Crunch.

I am so blind there is no way in the world I will ever be able to see the time.

No way.

I can never figure out how to set these kind of watches.  I hate them with a passion.

I tried the pointed end of a knife, a baby pin and a paper clip.  Then my sister-in-law showed up out of nowhere and set it with a pen like everyone else does.






Now I have an excuse to be late.

I have no idea what time it is because I can't see my watch.

Maybe tomarrow I will go back to The Dollar Store and buy a pair of reading glasses for a dollar and one of those cool things to hang around my neck that holds your glasses on for another dollar so I can read my watch. My fourth grade teacher wore one of those.  Maybe I will look like a teacher if I get one.

Maybe not.

Maybe I should have just bought another watch like the first one I actually liked.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: