Sunday, February 13, 2011

Annie on car repair shops

OK, so I found two used tires for my van.  No one wants to put used tires on a van because they all want to sell you new ones.

I don't need new ones, just different ones.

I call this shop down the road and the guy says "Oh, no problem, be here at 8:30 and we will throw them on".

The next day I run down there.

Now I know why I got right in.

The guy has no business because he is so weird.

You walk in and no one acknowledges the fact that you are there.

You ring this greasy bell and no one comes out of the black abyss they call a "shop".

You sit for 30 minutes and finally holler in the "shop"  "Does anyone know we are here?"

No answer.

You go back to the waiting room where there is absolutely NO heat.

You look for a TV.

None.

You look for a magazine to read.

You find Guideposts and Time.

You read all the Guideposts and try to stomach the Time.

You holler out once more "Does anyone know we are here?"

This guy wanders out.

"It will only take a minute to do your tires."

It is now 9:30 and your daughter is crawling out of her skin.

She wants to go pee.

You look at the bathroom.

It looks like a place my Mom would NEVER let you pee in.

He drives your car into the shop.

You read more Guideposts.

You put a whole roll of toilet paper on the toilet seat so your kid can pee.

You try not to looked pissed off, but it's getting harder and harder.

There are no other customers in the shop but you.

You read more Guideposts and steal a couple to show your sister that you actually read 30 issues of Guideposts.

Finally at 11:30 the van rolls out of the shop.

You pay the man.

A while later you are driving through town you see this thing that looks like your hubcap rolling down Main Street.

You see this guy walking down the road laughing at you.

The hubcap rolls about a million miles down the road and you are trying to drive slowly and follow it so you can pull over and grab it before the next Walmart semi comes through town and squashes it.

You grab the greasy thing and toss it in the back of the van.

I actually paid someone to put that thing back on my car, I actually had my kid pee on the toilet from hell and I can't move my fingers from reading Guideposts in an office with no heat for 2 and a half hours.

"It's OK", you say to yourself.

"I am beginning to doubt that", yourself replies back.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: