Friday, February 4, 2011

Cat Litter and Red Lipstick


OK, so your daughter gets stuck in the driveway because the man in your life doesn't feel as though plowing the driveway is very important. 

We don't live n Florida.

New York is not Florida.

"I am stuck in your damn driveway!", was the last thing I heard after the slamming of the door.

"Get the cat litter and a small rug", I replied, trying not to get too excited.

"We don't have time to change the cat litter box mom, I have to get out of the driveway".

I went to the barn, got a snowshovel, Karen grabbed the cat litter and a rug".

After about a half an hour of hollering, and putting cat litter and the throw rug under the tires we got her out.

You can either put the throw rug under the tires for traction, or use it to wrap up the person who was supposed to plow the driveway, either way, it's your call.

My Aunt taught me the cat litter trick when I was a kid, in those days the cars were not front wheel drive and she always had a huge bag of it with her.  She always carried red lipstick and cat litter.

I guess the lipstick was plan B if you couldn't get yourself out, you went to the nearest house to ask for help and you made sure you had your lipstick on.

I guess it was my turn to show Karen the kitty litter gig.

I think I will sit down today and write my Aunt a little thank you note.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: