Sunday, October 3, 2010

are you annie?

OK, so I am at Springville Auction pawing in a box of crap and someone taps me on the shoulder.  "Are you Annie?"

"Yes, Aunt Mary, it's me". I reply.

Aunt Mary is one of my girlfriends aunts I still call Aunt Mary. 

I have not seen her in like 20 years.  We start talking about the old days, crap we used to do when I was a kid, laughing so loud everyone at the auction thought we were drinking. 

I would bring up a stupid incident then she would remember one.  It was so fun I didn't want to leave.

I drove home remembering all the fun we used to have.

The really weird thing about the day was this:

On the way to the auction I took an extra minute to show my brother in law where my girlfriend used to live.  It's a ways off the beaten path, not too far.  The old house is gone now, the view is still as stunning as I remembered.  I had not been there in 20 years.

What are the odds that I would run into someone from that part of my life the same day I am showing someone the property?

Really weird.

We had some good times.

Really good times.

Hard to believe it's been so long.

It was nice to see "Aunt Mary".

and it was nice to laugh outloud in public again.

Talk later,

Annie

3 comments:

Faithful said...

I don't believe in coincidences......go laugh out loud in public some more:)

Becky said...

:-) I am so sorry I missed you there Anne.
I don't have your new phone number, I still have one that says Out of Service. Unless. . . your new phone is off.

anne smith said...

i drove by your mom's house when i was out on the hill