Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

OK, so I thought I had all the costumes ready for school.

Last night at 9 Loretta tells me she needs fairy wings, I bought her "bumble bee" wings and I am the dumbest mom alive.

I tried not to agree with her.

This morning at 6:30 my sister-in-law calls just to chat.  I rudely interupt her "do you have any damn fairy wings?"

"yeah"

"I will be right over".

Lifesaver.

Last week I asked the kids what they thought I should be for Halloween.

"The witch lady from Hocus Pocus, Mom, your hair looks just like hers".

The damn kids were right.  I tried not to get mad, I pulled up "Hocus Pocus" on the You tube and, yeah, they were right.  I could have easily been a stand in for Bette Midler in that movie.

I asked them if they meant the skinny witch lady, Sarah Jessica Parker and they assured me "No, Mom, the other chubby witch lady, the one that has hair like yours."

Crap.



I grabbed a black dress and some fishnet stockings at the thrift store, a black slip and an old wool coat with a fur collar. 

Little bit of hair spray and I will look just like Annie trying to look like Bette Midler.

Have a great Halloween


Talk later,

Annie

No comments: