Monday, June 28, 2010

Annie and the food processor

Tim planted about a zillion acres of garden this year so I had to get a food processor to freeze all the veggies.

I hate food processors.

I found a really nice one for 5 bucks at a yard sale last week.  He brought me in some zucchini so I had to test out my new toy.

I forgot I hate food processors.

Food processors come in "pieces".  Pieces that somehow have to be "put back". 


My whole life I could never get the concept of where in the hell things went "back" once they were taken apart.



When I was a kid my Dad used to do puzzles on the kitchen table every  now and again.  They were not puzzles like I would do , you know the ones with 5 pieces.  His puzzles had a million pieces and were about as small as a fly.




He would very carefully start with the "outside" frame and then start on the inside.

I had NO INTEREST in this whatsoever.  I tried to act interested but my attention span only lasts about 3 minutes so I was doomed from the "get go".  I swear my Dad is a genius.

I obviously did not get any of his genius genes.

He can put parts from puzzles, motors,vcrs and all sorts of crap back in their original order.

That scares the hell out of me.

I, on the other hand can't even take down the folding table down, I can't figure out how to collapse the legs.
Ok , onto the food processor.

I get out my new toy, unpack the 20 pieces that I have no idea what to do with and try to put the lid on the top.

The lids never fit.

Martha Stewart makes it look easy.

She is a freak.

After about 10 minutes and 3 cigarettes, I call Karen into the room.

"How in the hell does this thing go together?"

She has never used a food processor in her life.

She puts the lid on snaps it into the base and walks away with that "look".

You know the "look".  The one that says "Mom, you are so stupid, I have no idea how you had 7 kids and have made it to the age of 45 look.

She must have gotten my Dad's genius genes.

Thank God.



Talk later,

Annie

No comments: