Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aunt Bea musta been a babe

OK, so I am trying on all these dresses that I bought at this church sale the other day and they all were way too tight.

I actually found one that I could get over my head, but it really seemed too tight in the shoulders and across the front.  I walked into the kitchen.  Tim is watching "Top Cops".  We haven't had regular TV in 12 years so asking him a question when he is watching TV is like trying to ask the President a question during those public interviews you see on TV.

"Tim, do you think this dress looks OK?"

silence

"Hey what do you think about this dress?"

"Well Anne, you look like Aunt Bea".


"What in the hell does that mean?, are you trying to say Aunt Bea was a babe?, a total knockout?"


silence


"It looks too tight across the front".

"Oh"

I threw it in the bag to go back to the church for their next sale so some other idiot can buy it, try it on, and have THEIR husband tell them they look like "Aunt Bea".

Talk later,

Annie