Sunday, June 27, 2010

Never Bored

I just don't understand the concept of "bored".

There are so many things I want to do.  How in the hell can you be bored?

Get crafty, make something, read a book for God's sake, write a book for God's sake.

I swear creative busy people are just drawn to each other.  My friend emails me yesterday "Oh yeah did I ever tell you I wrote 4 novels?".  I just about fell off my chair.  "Get those damn things published girl!"  "Even if you have to publish them yourself and sit in front of Walmart and sell them."  was my answer.


I have another friend who is always painting something. 

Always.

Then there is Janet.

She has at least 100 projects going at all times.

Ok maybe 90.


She is never bored.


When I go to pick Tim up from work, I have a bag with crocheting in it, I am making an afghan. I sit there while I wait for him.  Time flies.


When I have to take someone to the Doctor, the last thing I do is throw a book in my purse.  The first thing I do when I get there is grab every  magazine in the office and read it cover to cover.


Time flies.


Once I told my mom i was bored.


I had to wash dishes for 15 years.


I am never bored.


Talk later,


Annie

2 comments:

J Vacanti said...

Ahahahah...you must have had the same parents as I did...God forbid if you said that you were bored as a child...there were always plenty of chores waiting to take away the boredom.

threecollie said...

Same here. If I momentarily run out of jobs to do I have a thousand things I like to do. Whenever the kids complained about being bored we gave them jobs. They got over the whole bored thing in a great big hurry. lol