Saturday, June 5, 2010

Annie The Fashion Designer

O.K., so my oldest daughter stops over, "Mom can you help me with my  prom dress?"

"Well, of course" I answer not really paying attention. 

"I want to do it in camouflage print".

"Oh yeah, sure whatever". I answer while throwing more dishes in the sink.


Two days later she returns with this camouflage print fabric. I just stand there trying not to look shocked.


"This is the prom, right".


"Yeah, Mom, isn't it great?"!!!


I try to look excited.


I immediately call on one of my fellow seamstress friends who likes to make strange things.


"Bridgette, we have an emergency on our hands, Karen's prom is in a week and I have 2 yards of stretchy camouflage print fabric to make a dress out of, what in the hell am I gonna do?"


"O.K., calm down.  Go to You Tube and put in "How to make a halter dress".  She gives me the info I need to look this up.  Only Bridgette would have any idea what in the hell I am talking about.


"I was just looking on their yesterday for ideas". She answers.


What are the odds someone else is even sort of on the same wave length as me?.


Karen takes a few minutes and studies a few of the videos.  She takes the scissors, cuts the fabric and I sew.  I am so excited about this creation, I can't believe how cool it is turning out!  I have included a picture of it to prove I am not making this whole story up.  I will update when she goes to the prom.


Sometimes in life you meet a friend who understands what you are talking about.  So many times I try to talk to people and they have absolutely no idea what in the hell I am talking about.


Thanks Bridgette!!


Talk later,


Annie

2 comments:

Faithful said...

You are a fantastic mom with a very neat friend.

Faithful said...

You are a fantastic mom and have a great friend there. I love the chamo!