Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines Day

OK, so today is the Valentine's day party in school.  I am more excited than the kids.  It really brings back some awesome memories for me.  I can remember filling out those little cards for all my friends in school and passing them out.  I remember the excitement of opening those little suckers up and seeing the pictures on them.  

The cards back then were alot different.  This year we got Hannah Montana and Bratz cards.  These are just not the same.  

I know times change.

OK, so if there was a boy you didn't particularly like, you gave him the card with the skunk on it.  You saved the cutest ones for your bestest  friends and gave the rest to everyone else.  There was always a larger card for the teacher.

I remember making cool things to put the cards in.  This was half the fun.  Paper bags colored red,  construction paper hearts put together to make a card holder, paper plates stapled together and  decorated.  

We would save these cards forever.  I think I still have some of them in an old notebook I made into a scrapbook.


Have a great Valentines Day this year and don't forget the excitement you had as a kid,  and.... oh yeah don't forget to give the person you don't like the skunky card.  

Do they make whole packs of skunky cards?

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: