Monday, September 27, 2010

afterschool activities

OK, so the kids have been bringing home tons of papers I am supposed to read.  I have been putting them in  huge pile and this morning got them out and went through them.

OK, so we have school picture forms to fill out, we are supposed to be selling stuff for fundraisers.  Stuff that you would never buy.  Candles that cost as much as an oil change.  Chocolate covered pretzels in a box the size of a stick of butter that cost half a days pay.

They are selling T-shirts with the school logo on them.  When I was in school we took a magic marker and wrote "Griffins" on an old white T-shirt.

Now mind you my kids are only in Elementary school.

Now you get to the pile of "afterschool activities".

First of all there must not be any afterschool bus anymore, this is not mentioned anywhere.  Of course my kids are like me and want to sign up for EVERYTHING.

Swimming lessons, 30 bucks a kid, afterschool workout classes 50 bucks a kid, painting classes, 15 bucks per kid.  You have to pick up child when he or she is done with these activities. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I am all about kids doing things but it sure is different from when I was in school.

They offer Bible study at our school here for "free" but you have to pick them up.

When I was a kid, we used to have "church school" on Wednesdays, the bus picked you up at public took you to the Catholic school, then it picked you up when you were done.  This is where I was introduced to the Sisters.  Very different from the school I was attending.  I had a hell of a time adjusting.  I still have nightmares.

If the kids sign up for all these activities I. will have to hire someone to pick them up.  I will also have to hire a secretary to tell the person picking up the kids when to pick up each kid and where to pick them up.

Gotta go and pick the "background" for the pictures Wednesday.  This could take all afternoon.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: