Saturday, September 11, 2010

the book covers

So I get this note and it says "Loretta needs to purchase 3 book covers by friday".

I read it and toss it out.

You have got to be kidding me.

I go to school on Thursday night to meet the teacher. 

"I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but when did the kids start buying book covers?" I ask trying not to look like an idiot, but really not caring.

"Oh, they have these great fabric book covers you can purchase them anywhere."

"Whatever happened to brown paper bags?"

"Oh, I suppose you can do that like we used to when we were in school."

I look at the teacher, she is about the age of my oldest daughter.

"When I was in school was probably a bit before the years you were there."  I answer still trying not to look like an idiot but really not caring if I did.

"I can make some covers out of fabric how does that sound?"

"Oh my goodness isn't that an awful lot of work?"

"You must be one of those "supermoms."

"Yeah that's me "Supermom".

I sat there thinking it would probably take about 10 minutes to whip up fabric book covers.

"Oh yes it will be alot of work, but my little Loretta is SO worth it".

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: