Saturday, September 11, 2010

real life on the farm

OK so everyone thinks it's so cute to live on the farm.

Here is an example of what I did yesterday.

Got up to loose goats in my flowers.  They tripped over the plug to my freezer in the barn so all my tomatoes are now rotten.  Then they smashed a box of canning jars and ate all the coffee cakes I had saved for church.

OK so I went to feed Dad's heifers and they were all in the cornfield. 

So I go to hang out laundry because my dryer has crapped out and the coon dog has pulled down my blankets off the line.  Must have been cold outside last night.

I can hear a hissing noise in the basement and go to look.  Turns out the holding tank in the basement has blown a huge hole and we now have a mote for a basement. 

Dad switches to the other well,  I am not sure but I thought I saw a large mouth bass come out of the faucet when I made coffee this morning.

So I went to mow lawn until the mower belt slipped off and now it's just a lawn tractor and not a lawn "mower".

So I go to get some coffee and realize there is none left. I go to the cupboard remembering seeing a coffee can only to open it and find nuts and bolts Dad has saved for what I have no idea.

I lost my cigarettes somewhere between the house and the barn and I will have to rob a bank to get another pack.

Hee Haw  Yee Haw

1 comment:

threecollie said...

Oh, Annie, I hate days like that! And to face it without coffee or cigarettes! You are stronger than you know.