Saturday, September 11, 2010

my version of kindergarten

Back in 1970 when I entered Kindergarten we needed a book bag which was usually something my mom made or one of those plastic bags with plastic handles. Sort of see-thru.  Real simple.

  We needed sneakers.

The school provided the rest.

We had milk and graham crackers every day for a snack.

They supplied the scissors.

And the big old pencils.

And the big old crayons.

Everyone had canvas sneakers.
 
Cheap sneakers.

We had art smocks provided by our Dad's.  They were known as "Dad's old work shirts".

I just signed for the second mortgage on the house so I could get all the supplies for the kids.  Got a real great interest rate too. I should have it paid off in time for them to get married.

I don't remember having to bring our whole house to Kindergarten.  I certainly don't remember bringing in two boxes of Kleenex and a water bottle

My mother didn't buy Kleenex for the house let alone school.

The mom's brought in cookies and cakes on holidays, not prewrapped crap.  Do they honestly think that one of the mom's is going to bake marijuana into those brownies?  It would cost too much, use your head.

Gotta love it.

Annie

1 comment:

Faithful said...

ha ha..yea and she most likely baked somethin' alittle bit healthier for ya in them goodies than whats in those pre-packaged junk! Go figure! What happened to REAL food?

A box of kleenex was like spotting a Big Foot growing up around our house .. if you happened to see a box ..it always seemed to disappear before your eyes, and no body believed you when you'd point to where you seen it last.