Saturday, September 11, 2010

school

I love it when the kids go back to school.  It also brings on a new kind of stress to a mom's life.

O.K.  Loretta needed something like a million folders in every color under the sun and I cannot find a red one anywhere. 

You have got to be kidding me.

The second day into school she had open house.

You have got to be kidding me.

I actually bought brand new sneakers this year and they were "unacceptable".  They were slip ons with no laces.

You have got to be kidding me.

Izzy's teacher wants me to have 6 different colors of crayons bundled in little bundles of 6 tied in rubber bands.

You have got to be kidding me.

The same teacher tells me her back pack is no good cause it has wheels.  Is this a joke?

They all have to take snack and drink every day.  I have 3 in school.  This will cost me about 3 thousand dollars a week.  Roberta came home yesterday and said the drink I sent was "unacceptable" it left the smell of cherry on her breath.

You have got to be kidding me.

Izzy is the only kid in the room who can cut on the line.  She is also the only kid who can button AND zip up her coat by herself.

You have got to be kidding me.

I had to take Izzy to a kindergarten roundup last week.  Of course I showed up at the wrong session.  It was creek day and we certainly were not going to miss drinking beer in the creek for that.  I walked her to the front of the school and made her walk alone to her class.  She was supposed to also ride the bus.  She has been riding the bus for a whole year.  In our old school it was so small the whole school rode on one bus including the high school.

She could probably drive the bus for God's sake.

The first day of school 2 kids arrived home and Izzy was no where to be found.  I called the bus garage and they set out to find my little lost kindergartener who I thought for sure was somewhere showing kids how to cut paper while zipping their jackets.

Well, it seems we have two houses on our road with the same address. We are South and the one closest to town is North.  They stopped at the wrong house and told her to get out of the bus.  "This is NOT my dang house", was the answer the bus driver got.  Just then she must have gotten the call from the bus garage.  "You can let me out here and I can walk to my Aunt Lynn's house", my Mom drinks beer there".

The bus pulled in 45 minutes late.  Izzy waving her hands as she got off the yellow submarine.  The bus driver was laughing so hard she had to sit for a  minute to compose herself.

I am setting out this morning to find a red folder and get Izzy her own car so she can drive to school.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: