Monday, August 23, 2010

dead computer

ok, so I move, set up my computer and never renew my subscription for my antivirus.  I know there are free programs, but of course I forget to download one, so my computer has issues.

I bought a laptop a while ago and it has been in the dresser drawer ever since it arrived.

Karen is in Florida but I call her anyway.

"Karen, how do I turn on the new computer?"

"I am in Florida Ma".

"I know, I need you to tell me how to use the new computer".

"Ma, I am in Florida".

"I heard you the first time, how do I turn this thing on ?"

"Press the little button in the middle of the computer Ma".

"Where is it?"

"Listen Ma, I am in Florida, back away from the computer I will be home in two days".

"Love you".

Click

I worked all day yesterday poking and pecking around this laptop.  I plugged crap in, unplugged crap out, smoked a bunch of cigarettes, and finally got this baby "up and running".

I will show that little smarty pants.

I hope she gets home early, I need her to run the food processor so I can continue to can tomatoes.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: