Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just how much is a "shitload"?

OK, so I call this ad that says "steers for sale cheap".

I get the guy on the phone.

"Hi, my name is Anne, how many steers do you have for sale?"

"A shitload", was the answer.


silence


"OK, how many is a shitload?"


"I don't know".


"Do I have the right number? are you selling steers?"


"yes maam"


"OK, let's try another question", "how much are they?"


"Cheap".


"OK,  how cheap?"


"Real cheap".


I couldn't help but laugh.


"OK, let's try another question", "Where is your farm?"


"Up North".


"Like the North pole up North?", I asked.


"No, not that far".


I had to hang up.


I couldn't stop laughing.


I have no idea where these steers are, how many there are or how much they are.


At this point I really don't care.


It was worth the laugh.


Talk later,


Annie

1 comment:

threecollie said...

The scary thing is that I have had conversations that are eerily similar to this one. One shudders to imagine life in close proximity to such an individual.