Thursday, August 19, 2010

More on School stuff

My sister in law showed up with some school supplies in a bag.  She got a screaming deal on some stuff.  I traded her a really nice back pack for her daughter.  I told her what sneakers I needed and she went home, looked through her box of stuff and found a pair in the right size for my Roberta.

This is how we do things in our family.

I do buy new socks and underwear, but that's about it.  

Last year I was lucky enough to have a dear friend of mine buy the kids new back packs and sneakers.  We are using the back packs again this year as they are still in great shape.  We are still wearing the sneakers from last year as this years "summer sneakers".

Right now I have the back packs packed and ready to go, the sneakers on the shelves and the clothes on hangers.  I never wait til the last minute.  This way I can search for what I need.  

The first week of school there is always stuff we need to pick up, but it's usually minimal.

I really don't understand the parents who are screaming about the cost of school.  YOU decide how  much you want to spend.  Yeah, you get a basic list, fill it, and YOU decide on how much you spend on sneakers, back packs, clothes, etc.

I have a friend who refurbishes lap tops.  I bought one for myself.  He gave me a screaming deal on it.  Even got a warranty.  

Karen needed a digital camera.  I found 2.  One at my second hand shop and one on Craigslist.  One cost ten bucks and the other 20.  I just had to find chargers for them.  I grabbed them off ebay for 5 bucks a piece.

YOU decide how much you want to spend on crap.

NOT your neighbor, NOT your girlfriends, NOT Hannah Montana.

YOU.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: