Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Little Help from my Friends

Yesterday I went on a road trip with one of my friends.  These trips are always fun because you get to talk for hours.  Catch up, get honest opinions, and just plain get away for a day.

When I was a kid I thought I had a million friends. 

One day my girlfriend's dad was sitting at the kitchen table "you think you are so smart, you think you have so many friends, I want you to count the fingers on one hand and subtract 2 of them.  This is probably how  many true friends you will have.

I am still friends with that girlfriend.  Her father was right.

When I need someone to talk to, someone to help me with opinions, I only have a couple of friends I call. 

When I have a secret that I don't want the whole world to know about I only have a couple of friends I can tell.

Take care of those friends.

They are worth their weight in gold,  make sure you take the time for friends when they need you.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: