Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where's My Beaver?

OK, so the other day I am shopping at one of my favorite second hand stores.  It is just the greatest place on earth.  It is run by a bunch of little old ladies who volunteer and fold clothes that are donated.

Everything is super cheap.  My kids are allowed to get two things when they go.

My youngest daughter picked out a stuffed animal out of the toy bin.  I really didn't pay much attention to it, I was looking for sneakers for my wide footed daughter.

A while later I could hear her saying something.  I couldn't hear what she was trying to say to I got closer.  "Mom, where's my beaver?"

Silence.

I looked around to see if anyone else in the room could hear her.  All the little old ladies were looking at me.

Silence.

"What in the world are you talking about?" I answered trying to talk softly.  I have never talked softly in my life.

"Mom, I got a beaver out of the box".

Silence.

All eyes were on us.  The little old ladies were starting to giggle.

I walked around, and found this little creature laying on a chair.

"Honey, I think it's a woodchuck."

"MOM, IT'S A BEAVER!"

"O.K. dear then it's a beaver".

One of the ladies walked over and showed me it's tail.

"Yes, Anne it's a beaver".  She had tears running down her face she was laughing so hard.

I thought I put the little creature in my bag.

I bought our things and scooted the kids to the car.

Half way home it started again.

"Mom, where's my beaver?"

"It's in one of the bags, wait til we get home".

After I stopped at the post office we went home.

I picked up Tim at work and started supper.

"Mom, where's my beaver?"

Tim looked at me with one of his "What in the Hell is my daughter talking about?" looks.

I looked in the bags for that crazy little guy he was no where to be seen.  She started to cry.

"I will call on Thursday and have them look for your beaver dear".

She went in to watch Hanna Montana. 

About a  half an hour later my Father-In-Law stops in for coffee.

"Grandpa, have you seen my beaver?"

"What in the hell is that kid talking about?" was the response.

I let the other kids explain.

At that point I had enough of the "beaver".

Don't ever lay your beaver down. Always keep an eye on it or you will have a lot of explaining to do.



Talk later,

Annie

No comments: