Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The worst garage sale ever

O.K., I totally forgot about the worst garage sale I went to this last week.

All week there was this little cardboard sign someone made on out corner.  "Moving Sale Friday".

They put it out on Monday so I was geared up for it all week.

Friday came and I ran down after lunch.

It was on this street in our neighborhood where all the houses have swimming pools and Hummers.

This ought to be awesome I thought to myself.  My kids were gone for the week so going to a garage sale by myself is a real treat.

There was a women walking ahead of me.  I watched her looking at things lined up the paved driveway.  

It only took her about 2 minutes to high tail it back to her car.

"Great", I thought to myself, she left all the bargains for me.

Boy was I wrong.

I thought maybe I was in Walmart for a minute.  The prices at Walmart are actually cheaper than what he had.

For example.

1 blanket : ten bucks

1 used towel  5 bucks

used books 2 bucks


The man sat in his chair.  Never got up, never said hello.


I started to head down the driveway and I couldn't resist talking to this guy.


"Hey", I asked, "have you sold ANYTHING today"?


"No"


"I don't mean to be rude Sir, but a person could go shopping at a store and get this stuff cheaper".


"I paid good money for this stuff".


"yeah, 20 years ago."


I just kept walking to my car trying not to laugh myself to death.


That poor guy will have to drag all his crap to  his new house.


I am sure he paid alot for it.


Talk later,


Annie

No comments: