Monday, November 23, 2009

Acannacopenhagen


It's official, I need a new dryer. The noise it is making now is just awful. Sounds like the noise that one of those trains makes in the old westerns when the cowboys try to "rob" the train. You know,when they yell "stop the train!!" and the conductor pulls that secret lever and you hear that awful skreeching noise. That's the noise.

My dryer is in the kitchen. I like it there because it reminds me that I have 300 loads to do a day and I can keep a steady flow going.

It is affecting my hearing.

Yesterday Janet called. She found a great website on the internet and had to share it with me.

Of course my dryer was running when the phone rang.

"Annie, I found a new website for ya, it's called Lulu".

"Hulu?", I replied.

"LULU!!!!!" "Hulu is the TV stuff.

"Wulu?"

"LULU"!!!!!! L.U.L.U.

she spelled it out.

"Oh Lulu, like Lulu Roman from Heehaw. O.K. Janet I gotta go thanks.

About an hour later my girlfriend stoppped over and brought me a pile of sewing she had done for me. She does my mending. She's an excellent seamstress. I was doing the dishes and the dryer was still on.

She opened the door, put the sewing on the couch and hollered to me.

"Do ya have any more sewing?"

I yelled back "Good".

she just stood there for a minute.

"I said, do you have any more sewing?"

"I am doing good I yelled back".

She walked in and turned off the dryer.

I said "Do you have any sewing, not how are you doing. Anne, you really need to replace that dryer it is affecting your life".

Another hour later the kids got back from church. I was sitting at the computer trying to post on this blog. I was trying hard to concentrate.

My little Isabelle who is 4 ran in the door. The dryer was still on of course.

"Mom do you have any Copenhagen?"

"It's in the fridge".

She ran to the fridge and stood there with a puzzled look on her face. She walked back. Yelling to me and waving a piece of paper "Mom do you have any Copenhagen?". I didn't look up, I really wanted to finish the article while it was fresh in my mind. She must have run into Tim on the way to the house and he probably asked her to get him a can of Copenhagen.

She walked over to the dryer and opened up the door to turn it off.

"Mom, listen to me: we made Cornicopias in church today, you know the food thingy. She was holding a gorgeous picture of a cornicopia for Thanksgiving.

Today I will look in Craigslist for a dryer.

Talk later

Annie





No comments: