Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wake The Dead


The other day my girlfriend called and I could hardly hear what she was saying to me on the other end of the phone.

"What in the hell is that noise in the background?" she said

"My dryer, why?"

"My God Anne, it's loud enough to wake the dead.

We never fix anything here so the little squeak in my dryer has now become a full blown Grinding EEEEEEKKKKKKK. Sounds like they are grinding old cars up for recycle.

It's bad.

I hung up the phone and tried to picture my dryer waking up the dead. Maybe I could take my dryer to Lillydale and plug it in and "wake the dead" there and make some money. They charge alot of money to talk to the dead there, I could cut out the middle man and do it myself.

I tried to imagine a ghost showing up at the door , kinda like the scene in Scrooge where Jacob Marley shows up in a cranky mood with chains wrapped around him. What would this ghost say to me?

"I have come from the depths hell to let you know YOUR FREAKING DRYER IS TOO LOUD!!"

chains shaking, loud moaning, screaming in the background from all the other "dead " people I have woken up.

I snapped out of my daydream trying not to laugh out loud and turned on "Old screechy".

Talk soon, Annie

No comments: