Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why in the hell are you writing a blog?


I wanted to take a minute to tell you guys why I am writing this blog.

It was not my idea, I will have to admit that first off. I didn't even know what a blog was until I stumbled on one and started to read it. It was very boring. I never thought I could write such a thing.

forgot about it

My friend Janet kept on me to do something. Write down all the things I have done, seen lived through, and write it in a funny way to make people laugh.

I ignored her.

she kept it up

I wrote one blog story
she called me "I like it, keep it up" "proofreading doesn't kill people, keep it up.

I am very lucky to have been born with a really strange sense of humor. My birthday is on April 1st, which you all know is April fools day, so I guess it just fits.

I have been through some shitty circumstances, deaths, fights, near foreclosures etc. I have lost jobs that have been sent overseas, lost friends, cows, etc. Just like the rest of you have. We all have seen some crappy stuff in our lives. If you live through the crappy stuff and take a look at it and say "Holy shit, that sucked, but I am still here and you know somewhere there is usually a little humor there if you look real hard, real hard.

I was always in trouble since kindergarten, I laughed too much. Way too much. I thought everything was funny and I still do, it's a gift. In my report cards the teachers in first grade wrote "great student, but talks too much in class". I haven't changed in 44 years on this planet.

I just want all of you to be able to take 5 minutes to read a quick story and laugh. You may not understand all the stories, but most of the time you can stand back and say "Holy shit that happened to me, I am not the only one!" and sort of laugh.

No, contrary to popular belief I don't always run around laughing my ass of over everything, I do my fair share of crying, and screaming. Just ask my family they will tell you under oath I am sure.

Just about once a day I will get an email from someone who has read a story and they will say "I remember that", or "I totally forgot about that", those comments keep me going, if I have an audience of just one, I keep writing.

There is alot of crappy stuff in the world, crappy people, just plain old crap. I just want you to forget the crap for a few minutes and enjoy life. Take a few minutes next time something really crappy happens to you and think about how there must be a glint of humor in it. It is really hard sometimes, believe me I know, but try not to take this life so serious, we are only here for a short time, enjoy the ride man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk soon,

Annie

No comments: