Wednesday, November 25, 2009

jinxed

Two days ago I was on the phone talking to Janet about something important I am sure. Can't remember what it was, but I am sure it was important.

All of the sudden she yells "Crap, hang on: the water in my sink in the laundry room is running over. I waited on the other end for a few minutes in silence. I am used to this as so is she. We both wait in silence alot. Many emergencys can happen when you have kids, birds, cows, husbands etc.

"I'm back" she says "Darn water, I forgot to turn it off, overflowed the sink again".

"It's hell to get old isn't it?"

"very funny she replied".

"I haven't done that in years" I replied. Really sucks, now you have to use every clean towel in the house to clean up the mess.

I haven't overflowed a sink in a while so I was feeling pretty good about myself.

The next day I went to the barn to start my milking chores. We have 2 great big sinks out there, they are awesome. I fill the one in the milkhouse with hot water to wash calf pails and one in the bathroom to wash "people" stuff like coffee cups etc. I always turn them both on, turn on my milking equipment, and turn them off when they are filled.

I turned off the one in the milkhouse and went to get the cows for milking. After about 15 minutes I returned and had to walk through the milkhouse to turn on the milker pump and all I could see was steam. Where in the hell was that coming from? I couldn't even see my hands, looked like a sauna. I've never been in a sauna, but I am sure that's what it looks like.

I made my way to the bathroom and opened up the door, the darn water was overflowing the sink and running down the little drain on the floor.

Crap.

I turned it off and muttered under my breath "Darn Janet, got me again!"

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: