Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the bear




Last week I came home from shopping and Tim met me at the door.

"I saw a bear" is all he said.

"Oh yeah" was my reply, "help me bring in some of these groceries."

"No, I really saw a bear, Anne. A huge one."

"OK Tim, how big?"

"I am guessing it weighed 400 pounds. It ran out in front of the tractor when I was coming up the road. It ran along side of me for a long ways. It was really weird. It was literally along side the tractor, keeping up with it, at least 20 miles an hour."

"OK, Tim"

I went to the computer and poked up "bear"

"did it look like this?

I poked up a picture of Smokey the Bear.

"No, Anne"

"did it look like this?"

I poked up a picture of Baloo the bear from Mowgli.

"No Anne"

"Did it look like this?"

I poked up a picture of a real black bear.

"Yes, it looked just like that. It was so big I couldn't believe it".

I called the neighbor who is into wildlife crap and told him all about it. His reply was. "Anne 400 pounds is nothing, there was a 600 pounder reported last week over at the trailer park."

I hung up the phone.

You have got to be kidding me. I will never get any company now.

Never.

Talk later,

Anne

No comments: