Wednesday, December 23, 2009

christmas trees

It's 2 days until Christmas and I still don't have the tree up. My friend Deb called today and she doesn't have hers up either so I don't feel so bad. I now understand things I have seen in the past with Christmas trees. When I was in my 20's and only had one kid, I went to my girlfriend's mother in laws house and she had a Christmas tree up in July. I thought this was odd so I asked her "Loretta, why in the hell do you have a Christmas tree up in July?"

"Oh Anne, Christmas is right around the corner". I thought the old lady was nuts. I now understand the concept.

My grandma and grandpa went to Arizona in the winter, I remember for some odd reason they were home one winter and they did not have a tree up. My mom sent me with one of those ceramic trees for Grandma to have. She sat it on the TV. The next day she put it in a box and gave it back to me. I now understand the concept.

I grew up with real trees. I thought there was no other way. My friend Bonnie's mom had a artificial tree. I didn't understand why. I now understand the concept.

When I was in second grade I had this crazy teacher named Mrs. Koch. She put up a silver tree in our room . When you are in second grade and you have never seen a silver tree, you are in amazement and very confused. This is the one tree concept I will never understand.

Talk later,

Anne

No comments: