Tuesday, December 15, 2009

there us work out there

Everyone tells me there is no work "out there" Just what in the hell "out there" means, I have no idea.

Here is an example.

I ran into Wegmans yesterday to grab some cleaning crap. I make my own laundry soap and they carry the crap I need to make it. It's easy to do. I will post the recipe later. I get to the checkout and I have a huge thing of dishsoap, 2 huge bottle of Clorox, and some crap to make the soap. There are 3 women in the checkout with me. The one lady says "hey, what are you doing with all that cleaning stuff?"

I looked at here and said "cleaning, I guess", I used to clean houses for a living, now I can barely do my own."

"You clean houses!!"


"No, maam I don't do it anymore".


The lady looked over to the other ladies, "This girl cleans houses!"

The other two woman looked at me with smiles.

"Can we have your card?" "Can you please do my windows before Christmas?", "What is your rate?" "Can you come every week?"


"I said , I DON'T DO IT ANYMORE"

They would not take no for an answer. The older lady wrote her number on a piece of paper and the other two followed. They handed me a napkin with 3 phone numbers on it.

"Call us when you can fit us in, we all live around this area, it's not far to get to any of our houses."

I took the paper and put it in my purse.

You see, there IS work out there. It's just not the work most people want to do.

I have never had trouble in my life finding "work".

Talk later,
Annie



No comments: