Tuesday, December 22, 2009

update on that candy

I got an email yesterday from my friend Becky. She says that horrrible candy was anise flavored. She is right. I think it's against the law now because it caused cancer in laboratory rats. They used to flavor Christmas cookies with it so no one would eat them. Only the old people. It was awful.

Then to make matters worse the old people used to make fruit cake. I am the only one who would eat it. I will eat anything with sugar in it. Anything. It would sit on the counter for weeks.

I was looking around yesterday and thought maybe I should put my Halloween crap away. Becky said she did it yesterday. Her and I are pretty much on the same schedule so I took the hint. Hopefully someone will show up to help put up the tree. I have a fake one in a box in the garage. I can't afford a real one this year so "Ole Fakey" will have to do. I can't handle putting up those trees. I can't concentrate long enough to match up the branches. It makes me crazy. The stands never hold up the tree. I don't know which elf designed those stands, must have been a drunk one because they don't work.

It's early this morning. I have to go and find those Christmas dresses in the mounds of laundry I have in the kitchen. Wish me luck, I love the holidays.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: