Wednesday, December 16, 2009

update on spirograph

I looked on ebay for a spirograph. Holy crap they must be some kind of super collectors item. They are selling for 50-90 dollars.

Holy crap.

If I would have only known, I would have saved my sister's, I could sell it and pay my phone bill.

I got an email from a good friend who said I should make one. She mentioned cow markers and baler twine. I think she is onto something.

My mother used to "make" things, I used to "make " things, does anyone "make" anything anymore? I started sewing when I was a little kid, the first thing I made was a bikini for my younger sister. I thought it was great, mom didn't think so. It was made out of two old curtains and I used the cafe clippy things to holy two pieces of triangle shaped pieces of fabric together for the bottom. It showed alot, mom told me to "keep trying" and I never saw it on my sister again, probably got tossed in the woodstove later that night. I have been sewing ever since.

I will try to put together something like a spirograph. I will update you as I do it.

Talk later,

Annie




No comments: