Monday, December 7, 2009

calender


OK i put our little calendar back at the top of this blog so we all can see how close it is until Christmas.

Most people have their tree up.

I don't.

I usually put up a tree and the kids have it all over the house in 2 days. I envy those Martha Stewart type people. People who have their kids trained to leave the ornaments "on" the tree. People who have their kids trained to leave the lights "on" the tree and not drag them in a closet so they can turn the lights off and "play" Christmas.

This year we are hanging Tupperware on the tree as all our glass bulbs are busted.

No one EVER waters our tree after the first day. NO ONE. After 1 day of doing it, I forget and the needles fall off anyway. I wind up taking the tree down myself and all the needles are left in the living room. I then vacuum up the damn things and plug the vacuum cleaner at least 20 times.

My mom did it and now it has been passed down to me. I am the official "keeper of the needles".

I got a artificial tree last year. The needles don't fall off. It was great. Tim hated it. He likes to think he's John Boy Walton and go cut his own. Did Grandma Walton have a vacuum? Did she have to sweep up all those needles with a broom. They stick in your hands when you sweep them into a dust pan. Feels like you are getting a flu shot with pine scent.

Talk later,

Anne


No comments: