Sunday, December 13, 2009

spirograph

I had this really cool idea today. I thought I would buy a spirograph for Christmas and relive my youth. I thought the kids would like it so I called Walmart to see if they carry them.

This is how the conversation went.

"Hi, do you sell spirographs?"

"I will connect you with electronics"

Why the hell I have to talk to someone in electronics is beyond me, but I hang on .

"Hello, may I help you?"

"Yeah, do you sell spirographs?"

"Maam do you have Windows or Vista?"

silence

"what in the hell does Windows or Vista have to do with freaking spirograph?"

"It's a toy, it has pens, colored pens, and little cool plastic thingys that you draw circles with!"

"Maam I have no idea what you are talking about".

What in the hell has happened to our World.

No one knows what spirograph is? Does anyone sit down and draw anymore? Does anyone use their imagination. I used to sit for hours with that spirograph. It was my sister's, I had to sneak it out of her room and put all the pens back in the order she had them in. She knew I used it anyway, she's like that.

I will keep looking for spirograph. As God as my witness I will find one.

Talk later,

Anne

No comments: