Sunday, January 10, 2010

Benny Hill

OK, raise your hand if you are old enough to remember Benny Hill. In the olden days, you know the 1970's, we had Benny Hill. He was an outlaw in our house. My mom hated that show. It really got under her skin.

We loved it.

My Dad would adjust the coat hanger on our TV which was the size of a modern day microwave and he would tune into the "Canadian" stations. In those days we didn't have cable, so this was quite a feat.

I still remember my mother hollering to us in the living room "Is that Benny Hill I hear, you better turn it off!!".

My Dad would whisper "Go turn down the volume, there is nothing wrong with Benny Hill".

We felt like we were doing something really "bad". It was great. There would be this dirty old man ,you know, Benny, he would be chasing around all these gorgeous girls in go-go boots. I loved go-go boots, but they wouldn't zip up around my legs, guess I am not the go-go boot type. Crap.

My Dad would be in there laughing his ass off. It was so funny. Sometimes Mom would come in and literally change the channel. That was even funnier.

Here's hats off to old "Benny"

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: