Sunday, January 10, 2010

keeping up the pace or organizing my crap

OK I bought like a million of those plastic sheet protectors and I am making lists like crazy. Putting all my crap in one place. This is exhausting me. I have alot of crap. Last night at the dinner table Tim asked me "What are you doing?". I replied "Organizing my crap dear".

Silence.

"oh"

He walked away. I don't think he believes I can do it. Well, this is one project I swear I will finish. It may take me the WHOLE year, but I will do it. I guess I'm not going anywhere so what the hell.

I started throwing away crap this week out of my closet that I don't need. I literally filled up the garage with stuff like unfinished projects, clothes that don't fit anyone in this house or anyone in this county for that matter, things I was going to paint, glue together, etc. I had to make 2 trips to the dumps.

I found another organizing site. It's called www.Flylady.com. This lady is amazing. She is the Ghandi of organization. Even has videos to prove it. I was impressed. Holy crap. She's a little harsh, reminds me of my Mom. She actually wants you to keep your sink clean. You know wash you dishes after every meal. I thought you were supposed to wait until there are no more dishes left in the cupboards, then start washing those gross things. When I am feeding the kids cereal out of coffee mugs, I know it's time to look for the dishsoap. It's usually in the bathroom, you know, red neck bubble bath.

Ok I can't talk long, I have to go find the dishsoap and do the dishes, I feel like my Mom has moved in with me. Do I even have to clean out that gross strainer thingy in the bottom of the sink. Come on now man, go easy on me!!

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: