Friday, January 8, 2010

my life in a binder

OK i admit it. I have a problem. I am the most unorganized human being on the face of the planet.

This year as God as my witness, I am going to organize my crap. Next year I will use spellcheck. I said next year.

I found an awesome website called
www.KeepingTheHome.com.This girl must be something else. She homeschools her kids and is super organized, or so she claims. She keeps everything in a huge binder that has to do with her daily schedule. It's quite amazing really.

Things like schedules, phone numbers, recipes, crap like that. I have these things written on millions of pieces of paper scattered throughout my house and barn, and of course in the bottom of my washing machine.

I will keep you informed of my progression. I actually bought the binder. That is a start.

I was told once by a very successful businessman friend of mine (yes, I do have one successful businessman friend), "If you want to be thin, hang with thin people, if you want to be successful, hang with successful people".

I want to be organized so I will "hang" with this lady.

Here are the diffferences between her and me.

1. She homeschools her kids, I shoot off a flaregun every morning so the bus doesn't forget my kids.

2. She plans her menus, I have cereal every night for supper.

3. She writes down all important things in a binder, I write them on brown barn paper towels, put them in my coveralls, and wash them in the washing machine so I can never read them again.

4. She wears dresses every day, I haven't worn a dress since my first wedding in 1985.

I can do this folks. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I will show you my progress as I figure it out. I have a feeling it will take me all year, but what the hell,I ain't goin' nowhere.

Talk later,

Annie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun hangin' with June Cleaver!

J Vacanti said...

I guess if your gonna be organized you won't be able to hang with me anymore

Unknown said...

What about the Blender Anne? When are you going to tell the Blender story? BTW it is soooooooooooooo cold here all the dingleberries fell off! I know, that is really cold!