Friday, January 22, 2010

the mannequin

I have been looking for a mannequin for a while now. They are pretty expensive so finding one I can afford is another story. I buy all sorts of crap from Craigslist in Buffalo. The Craigslist here is awful. No one works here so why would they have anything to sell?

OK so I find a mannequin in Alden where Tim's Dad lives. I email the lady and ask her if she could drop it off at his house. She says that would be fine. She only wants 10 bucks for it so it fits my budget. I am going to use it for a model for the clothes I sell on Ebay.

I call Tim's Dad. The conversation goes like this.

"Dad, how are you?"

"Good"

"There is a lady gonna bring you a mannequin today, can you give her 10 bucks?"

"Annie, what in the hell is a mannequin, I can't hear you really good".

"It's like a naked lady, Dad".

"Did you say naked lady?"

"yes father, give the lady 10 bucks and she will give you the mannequin"


"Annie, did you say if I give this woman 10 bucks, she will drop off a naked lady?"

"Yeah Dad, just do it OK?"

"Why in the hell didn't you call the lady earlier? I have been living here for how many years alone. I would have paid alot more than 10 dollars for a naked lady!"

"For God's sake Dad, just give the woman the money"

"OK, I will, Love you, bye bye".

The next day i got an email from the lady that i still haven't met. It read something like this.

"I delivered the mannequin to your Dad. I just want to let you know, we had a blast, he is a riot, I am going there for coffee on Sunday."


It's really funny how you can get people together without even trying.

Now Dad has a new friend, and a naked lady.

Wow, that's cool.

Talk later,


No comments: