Saturday, January 16, 2010

Haiti

OK, so I really feel bad for the people in Haiti. I don't have any money to donate to the cause so I called the Red Cross to see if I could help. The conversation went something like this.

"Hello, Jamestown Red Cross".

"Hi, my name is Anne and I would like to help the people in Haiti, do you think they might by any chance need 500 bags of used outdated stained clothes?"

Long pause.

"I don't think so maam".

"I am willing to drop them off, lady, there is alot of great retro stuff in there, I am sure the Haitians will love it".
"No thank you maam, we need donations of cash".

"I don't have any of that."

"Have a great day".

"Yeah, whatever".

It's bad when Haitians that have just lost everything they own don't even want your old clothes.

Talk later,

Annie




No comments: