Saturday, January 30, 2010

multi tasking

OK, so one of those new words is "multi tasking" The definition of multi tasking is : doing a whole bunch of crap at once.

Who are they kidding, my grandmother did that, my mom did that and now I have to do that.

For example, I get up, turn the washer on, fill the woodstove in the house, make coffee, do the dishes left from the night before, get clothes out for 6 people, wake everyone up, get everyone out the door, empty the washer, fill the dryer, fill the washer, pretend to fold some of the clothes, make sure kids get on the bus. Then I head to the barn, milk the cows, feed the calves blah blah.

When I go out to milk the cows, I fill the woodstove in the barn, turn the dryer on for the washcloths, fill the washer with water for the next load, get the pipeline washer started, bring up the cows, set up the parlor to milk, make instant coffee, stumble to the parlor, try to smile while milking them, happy milk from happy cows you know.

When I get done milking, I have to make sure my pre-k kid makes the afternoon bus, make lunch, answer phone calls, listen to bill collectors, call for feed, talk to Janet, pretend to fold more laundry, talk to Janet again.

They want to see multi tasking, just follow me around for the day. Who the hell are they kidding. Answering the phone and filing their finger nails at the same time is multitasking.

Talk later,

Annie

1 comment:

threecollie said...

And I KNOW you do a lot more than is on that list!