Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a new career

My girlfriend from Buffalo called the other day. We got chatting about crap, catching up on the latest stuff that has been happening in our lives. She told me I should look for a different career, that the farm is just too much work. My Dad said the same thing on Thanksgiving. I asked her "What in the hell do you think I am going to do for a living at my age?"

"Oh, Anne, that's easy, just do stand up comedy".

"Oh, now there's a great idea". I am sure they have a huge call for stand up comedy here in Chautauqua County. Stand in front of the Walmart telling jokes doesn't pay real well.

So, I went to Youtube and looked up Roseanne and Ron White. I watched their routines a few times.

Holy crap, I could do that!!

OK Roseanne swears like a trooper and makes fun of everyone. Got that down!

Ron White tells funny stories while smoking cigarettes and drinking mixed drinks. Crap, I did that for free at the Chaffee Hotel for years.

I am not going to good Resume writing. Maybe I could get a stint on Oprah, or maybe Walmart?

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: