Friday, January 15, 2010

fashion annie



OK, so I am trying to organize my closets now. I am still hauling bags and bags of outdated stained clothes to the transfer station. Yesterday I watched a video on You tube on "how to organize your closet". I watched intently.
"Take everything out of your closet and work your way back" the lady said.

Holy crap, this will take days, not the 10 minutes I had hoped for.

I took everything out and tossed it on the bed. Now where in the hell I am supposed to sleep for the next week I have no idea, but hey it's a start.

"Now look at all the clothes you never wear and put them in a garbage bag."

I looked at the crap on my bed. All I ever wear is the same hooded sweatshirt to the barn, so I guess I could toss it all out.

I started to fill the bag and remembered the one blouse i really liked and actually fit me. It was a beautiful blouse with butterfly sleeves. I looked for the damn thing for 10 minutes. It was no where to be seen. I started tossing more crap in the bag. 20 minutes later I still have not found that blouse and my bed is still covered with clothes.

I slept on the couch last night. Certainly can't sleep on a bed filled with clothes on old rusted wire hangers.

I am still wondering where that blouse is. I had a wedding about a month ago back home. When I go "back home" I like to look half way decent so people don't think that I dress like a sea hag all the time.

I wore my "beautiful butterfly sleeve blouse" to this wedding with a black short skirt. I thought I looked very good for a 44 year old women who has had 7 kids.

I pictured myself looking graceful in my blouse like Cher did when she used to wear them or Morticia is The Adams Family, she always looked graceful as hell.

Well, I was wrong.

I got to the wedding late of course, seated the kids at the table with food and ran up to the bar in record time. When you only go out twice a year, you want to make sure you have a good time.

I poised myself at the bar, chatting with friends and family I haven't seen all summer.

"Annie, you look great, that blouse is super on you".

I knew it was working.

Until::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: my friend Bill stood next to me, put his drink on the bar, and ordered me another rum and coke. "You look fantastic Annie, how have you been?"

"Good, blah blah blah."

Just then my sister in law called me to the dance floor.

"Gotta go Bill, catch ya later".

I didn't realize he had put his drink on my beautiful butterfly sleeve that was draped half way across the bar. When I went to go dance, the drink went flying and splattered all over half the people at the bar.

"Crap, I am sorry, gotta go".

I ran off.

I danced for a with the kids and remembered I hadn't eaten my food yet. They were nice enough to save us plates, we better eat. I ate like a starved Mexican, grabbing rolls and passing them to the kids. Not paying attention at all to anything I was doing. My friends were bringing my drinks now, I didn't care.

We got done eating and ran back to the floor to dance.

"Mommy what is all over your skirt and shirt?"

"Crap, Izzy, I don't know"

My beautiful butterfly sleeve that was saturated with beer was dripping gravy all over the floor.

"Mommy you better get a napkin".

I guess I am not as graceful as I thought.

I tried.

Back to the hooded sweatshirt.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: