Thursday, July 15, 2010

Annie the Zucchini Queen

Tim has planted the world's biggest garden and I am in charge of weeding and picking all the veggies.

It's a lot of work.


I get up in the morning and weed, weed, weed.  It's very peaceful because no one will go in the garden for fear they will have to help.

Tim planted a few squash and zucchini plants. I am working slowly on a little veggie stand.

very slowly: table is on lawn.


I am now the official Zucchini Queen.  I have crapper loads of these little babies.  I looked up recipes on the internet and made my own little personal recipe book.

Yesterday this is what I accomplished:


8 jars of squash relish

8 jars of bread and butter pickles


2 loaves of zucchini bread

8 bags of frozen green beans

This literally took all day.

Yes, I repeat: all day.


I can easily see why housewives slowly stopped canning and freezing. They all went to work and tossed their canners in the attic. They bought push up bras, makeup, got their own cars, and bought the crap in cans. Click here for some funny zucchini stuff. Click here for a site on the crazy vegetable. Click here for recipes.




I have to go now and check the zucchini.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: