Monday, July 19, 2010

The bathtub

Karen and I went to a huge barn sale a couple of weeks ago. It was the biggest sale I have ever seen.  On the front lawn was this big old bathtub.  One of those old clawfoot babies.  So cool.

I made Karen take a picture of it I liked it so much.  The guy said I could  have it for 60 bucks.  

"Mom, what in the hell are you gonna do with something like that?"

"Oh, Karen I saw this picture in a book.  This woman took one of those tubs and painted it pink, put it outside and I guess she takes a bath in it".

"Oh, Mom, keep walking".

I stared at that tub for 10 minutes, bought some other crap I didn't need and went home.

I found the picture I was talking about.  I still think it looks neat.

Here are the reasons I will probably never have a bathtub on my lawn.

1.  Tim told me it would take 4 guys to move the tub.


2.  I would need a pickup truck to move it.

3.  I live in Alden now, and taking a bath here on the lawn would probably land me a night in Jail.




4.  Some people are no fun.

Talk later,

Annie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I WANT TO BE IN IT!!!! I don't think West Seneca has an ordinance against it???? Where did you see that tub? Will it fit in a PT Cruiser? Love YOU! Judy