Saturday, July 31, 2010

Those were the days my friend

Yesterday Karen came over and she was running her schedule by me for her weekend.  Made me tired just listening to it.

"I'm going to Langford , Ma"

"Great", I replied.

"Oh, do you know what that is Ma?", "It's a tractor pull".

"Yes, dear I know what it is".

She doesn't realize it but once upon a time before she was even born I used to attend such events.  Sitting on a case of beer for a chair and screaming at the top of my lungs like an idiot for hours.  I could be found at all the local tractor pulls.


These days I just let her attend these social events and get the news second hand.

I have traded my "case of beer chair" for a lawn chair and most of my screaming is done yelling at the kids.

I am good with it.

I am handing over my "beer chair to her"

Have fun kiddo, see you on Monday.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: