Friday, July 30, 2010

That darn TV

OK 12 years ago we threw out the TV.  We have had little TV's over the years hooked to VCR's for the kids.

We swore we wouldn't let the kids watch too much crappy TV.  (Although I spent half my childhood watching crappy TV, it's made me who I am today).


It wasn't hard because I have been in the barn so much.

Until now.

We have this thing called "cable" now.  I don't watch much of it but I will admit there are a few shows I can't get enough of.

This morning Roseanne was on. I loved her in the eighties, I love her now.

This morning Tim caught me staring at the screen like an Amish kid.

"Anne, we gotta go".

"Hang on, this part is funny".


"Anne we gotta go NOW!"

The other night I am watching "Operation Repo" which is about the weirdest show on TV.

Of course I am totally addicted to it.

Totally.

I told my mom about it a few weeks ago and she acted like she couldn't have cared less.

I was at my Mom's the other day and my Dad approaches me laughing,  "You got Mom watching that Operation Repo".

"No way".

Dad just laughed and walked away rolling his eyes.


I really don't like TV, but sometimes you just get lured in.  You try not to look at the screen, you try to wash the dishes without looking over your shoulder to see if Sonya is really wearing her hair in braids.

It's hard.

Real hard.

Gotta go find the TV section of the paper, don't want to miss any of the action.

Did I hear someone say "Gilligan's Island?"


Talk later,

Annie

No comments: