Saturday, July 3, 2010

A sexy Halloween

A friend of mine made a comment on my Facebook page about a Halloween costume I made a million years ago.  I have always loved to make costumes.  It has been a long time dream of mine to make costumes for a living.

I like it that much.

One of my favorite memories goes something like this.

I was living in an apartment with my boyfriend, soon to be husband sometime in the early 80's.  This was my first apartment so there was very little clutter and there were very little "costume" making supplies there.

It was Saturday , I was watching TV when I got a phone call from a friend of mine.

"Hey Anne, there is a Halloween party and I want us to go".

"Sure, what are we gonna be?" was my answer.  She knew I loved Halloween and certainly wouldn't pass up this chance.

"Oh Anne I don't know, just make something for both of us, I have to work today, I will pick you  up around 8."

"Oh yeah make the costumes sort of sexy, there might be some hot guys there".

click.

She hung up before i could say "You are out of your mind girl, I have NO costume making crap here!". 

I cracked open a beer and sat down to think.  What in the hell could I make out of nothing?  Let's see she wants it sexy, I don't have squat to work with.


OK, I accept the challenge.


I walked around the apartment, crap not much to work with, hmmmmm, think, Annie, think.


Then it came to me.


Lady Romans!  Sexy Lady Romans.


Piece of Cake.


OK, I ripped the white sheet off the bed , cut it down the middle to make two costumes, folded them in half, cut out the neck opening, cut up the edges for the bottom of the dress and proceeded to get out my the sewing machine my Mom gave me.  It was hers, handed down to me.  It was my pride and joy.


Cracking open another beer, I  hung the costume on the wall to see what it looked like,  it was too boxy,  way too long,and not sexy at all.   I cut the opening in the front into a deep v neck so it showed major cleavage (remember this is when I had cleavage), and cut a belt out of a piece of leftover sheet, hacked of about 6 inches off the bottom and recut the fringe.  Perfect.


OK what about shoes and the head?


Looking around the room I didn't see much.  Ah Hah.  The crown to my wedding veil was on the end table, perfect.  I ran outside, grabbed a bunch of leaves and got my hot glue gun, I could make another crown this was way more important than a wedding.  Anyway, if there were hot guys there, maybe I wouldn't need the wedding crown anyway.


I took the crown apart, made it into two Roman looking headthings and glued leaves on it.


OK, what about shoes? Has to be sexy? I went to the closet, nothing but flipflops and workshoes. I thought for a minute, then it came to me.  I took the rest of the leftover fabric from the bedsheet (would my boyfriend notice the missing bedsheet?) and I tore strips to ties around our legs like those Roman sandals.  We would wear flip flops for the actual shoes.


She arrived after work, I was already drunk from "drinking and sewing", we painted on "sexy" makeup and went to the party. Her dress was a bit too short , everytime she bent over, her Roman underwear kept showing.


We jumped into her orange, hot guy magnet car and dashed off to the party.


There were no hot guys there, we froze to death and my boobs kept falling out of my sheet.


We had fun anyway.


Ahhh, the good old days.


Talk later,


Annie

1 comment:

Daytime Sunshine said...

what? no pictures!!! lol