Monday, July 12, 2010

My name is Annie and I am a reformed Cricker

OK, I admit it, I love playing in the creek.  When I was a kid any chance I got to play in the creek, I took it.

Since I have moved back home, I have been to the creek more in the past month than I have in the past 12 years total.  

On Thursdays my sister in law holds a weekly "mom in the creek party", which turns in to a "drunk mom in the creek party".  

I am there with bells on.

We had a little get together with some old classmates over the weekend, I had a blast seeing everyone, but couldn't wait to get the the creek and see if it had changed.

It's still the same.

Yesterday Tim's brother took us a a great spot in the middle of nowhere. Armed with canvas sneakers and bug spray we went.

It was awesome.

There are no bill collectors in the creek, no laundry to fold in the creek, no TV in the creek, no computers in the creek.  It's just you and good old Mother Nature.

Try it sometime.

Let me know how you like it.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: