Friday, July 2, 2010

It just wouldn't be fair

OK, yesterday I am talking to a good friend of mine.  He asks me if I am going to "The Buffalo Hill Jam".

It's the biggest Fourth of July  celebration to hit our area in a million years.

My answer was simply "No".

"Oh Annie it's so much fun, hundreds of people go there, they have popular country singers, lots of beer, and the best fireworks show you have ever seen!"

"No".

"Why not?"

I couldn't bear to tell the truth. I still get up at 5:00 in the morning even though the cows are gone.  I go to bed at 9:00, sometimes even earlier.

Fourth of July celebrations are celebrated at night, you know when the sky in dark so you can see the fireworks.

"Oh Anne, you gotta go", you used to be so much fun, what has happened to you.

I thought for a minute.


"It wouldn't be fair", was my quick answer.


"What?"


"Oh you know, if I go, all the hot guys will be hanging all over me and that wouldn't be fair to Karen and her friends."


Silence.


"Oh, I see Anne, you  mean you can't stay up after 9 huh?'


"Yeah, whatever."


Talk later,


Annie

No comments: